Social Media Astute Range Competition Terms and Conditions
Full terms and conditions of the Astute Range Competition:
- The competition is conducted by CBI (Pty) Ltd t/a CBI-electric: low voltage (CBI) in conjunction with Hook, Line and Sinker (HLS).
- No employees or business partners from either CBI (Pty) Ltd or Hook, Line and Sinker, would be eligible to enter/participate in this competition. All directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by CBI or HLS in respect of the competition or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members may not participate in the competition.
- The competition is open to South African Residents only - participants must be over the age of 18 and in possession of a valid RSA identity document.
- Only one entry per person will be considered, additional entries will not be considered. If a participant entered the competition via Facebook, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn, only one entry will still be considered.
- Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules, terms and conditions, and entrants agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions.
Entries and Rules
- This competition runs from 5 February to 28 February 2024. No late entries will be accepted.
- To enter the competition, participants have to comment on the original competition post on our social media pages Why they love the Astute Range, follow the CBI-electric: low voltage social media page and share the post on their social media profile. Comments and tags on shared posts cannot be tracked and therefore will not be considered as entries or as following the rules of the competition.
- The winners will be randomly chosen, the winners will be chosen only if they adhered to all the competition rules.
- Entries from CBI-electric: low voltage's Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages will be compiled into one database and the winners will be drawn at random from all entries across these three platforms.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed or technical difficulties resulting in the entry not being submitted.
- The POPI Act will be implemented and all entrants would have to agree to the use of their personal information. Personal information will not be shared with any third parties beyond CBI and HLS, without the entrant's prior knowledge and consent after the competition.
- CBI shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against CBI or HLS, their's agents, or staff.
- Entries will be received by HLS on CBI’s social media platforms no later than 29 February 2024 23:59.
- The prizes/hampers will consist of the CBI Astute Range and will include 1 x Astute Smart Controller (ASC), 1 x Astute Smart Isolator (ASI) and 1 x Astute Smart Plug (ASP) per hamper.
- All prizes will be sponsored by CBI-electric: low voltage
- The winners will be notified on CBI's social media pages (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) on the 7th of March and will be requested to forward their contact details and address via personal messenger.
- The prizes will be delivered to the winner’s home/office addresses and handover photos will be taken. CBI or HLS reserves the right to request that images taken of the winners be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner.
- The prizes will not be transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The prizes exclude installation of the products, that will be for the winners' own account.
- In the event that the winner is not responsive to all the contact information provided whether, by email and/or cellphone for 2 months, CBI-electric: low voltage and HLS reserves the right to draw another winner/s and redistribute all unclaimed prizes.
- CBI low voltage will not be responsible for any damage to the prize after signature/delivery of receipt.
Prize winner Selection
- The winners of the competition will be randomly drawn by HLS using a random online picker app that will be recorded and shared with CBI-electric: low voltage, the draws will be inclusive of all entrants who adhered to the rules across all social media platforms included in the competition. The lucky draws will be on 7 March 2024. Except in so far as is provided by Act 68 of 2008, the decision of who the winners are is final and no correspondence will be entered into after the random online draw is done.
- The winners' names will be published on our social media on 8 March 2024. CBI reserves the right to publish the name(s) and/or photograph(s) of the winner(s). HLS will contact the winners by telephone/email/social media to confirm delivery addresses and details.
- All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to the marketing department on 011 928 2000.