BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
COMMERCIAL DEPARTMENT - PORT ELIZABETH
This position reports to: National Sales Manager
The Business Development Manager is accountable to the National Sales Manager with regards to all his/her functions.
It is his/her responsibility to implement the commercial business plan efficiently as to ensure profitable growth in sales, revenue
through planning, execution and management of a supportive team.
- Accomplish regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees in assigned region; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing job contributions and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Achieve regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; completing stocktake audits; identifying trends; determine regional sales system improvements and implement change where and when required.
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating sales plans and quota for the respective regional sales representatives in support of national objectives. Ensure that the sales team are adhering to call plans and the submission thereof on the Intranet to enable Management to generate reports.
- Maintain and expand customer base by counselling regional sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Recommendation of customer training and provide product training and support to S.I’s, and direct accounts.
- Recommend the opening or closing of accounts.
- Maintain monthly meetings with all your staff and visits to all customers within your region.
- Recommend pricing for all “special projects” in your region to the National Sales Manager
- Recommendation and assistance with implementation/participation of promotions and exhibitions and social events etc.
- Security and general state of company cars, property or equipment held or used by the sales staff
- Grade 12 - Essential
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Management / Engineering) - Preferable
- Proven experience in sales – 10 years - Essential
- Proven experience in managing a sales force – 5 years - Essential
- Proven business identification and development skills
- Great communication skills
- Sound organizational skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Solid accounting skills
Should you be interested, please submit your application to Chantal Gordon (011 928 2384) or via email on Jobs@cbi-electric.com on or before 20 March 2023.
“Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application has not been successful”.